Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Miscellaneous Musings

We made it through the worst of the heat!  The end of last week was absolutely insane.  We were near, at, or above 100 most days, with the heat index soaring higher.  I knew it was blistering hot when the dogs refused to go outside to do their business, and when they did it was a very quick trip (except for the 1 day when Buster thought it would be awesome to lay in the grass sunning himself - weirdo).

I can't believe how quickly Judith's taking off with so many things.  Her little personality is really developing, and she's having a language explosion!  Her ST and I figured she has about 10-15 consistent words now, 2 of the newest being "Bickey" (Mickey) and "nishe" (nice).  Her babbling has gone to a new level, and it sounds like she's trying to say words instead of just stringing sounds together.  A friend recently said that toddlers sound like they're talking "Simlish" - the language from the popular life simulation game The Sims - and I agree with that assessment!

Judith is up to lots of shenanigans, and I can't help but laugh at some of them!  This morning, during her CPT, she sounded like she was giving Buster orders, all while pointing her finger at them (she sees me do this when I have to discipline the dogs, so it's no wonder she picked it up - oops!).  I have no idea what she was saying to him, but it must've been serious!  One of her other favorite activities is to play the piano.  She walks up to it, plays an original composition, turns around and waits for us to clap, claps with us, wipes her hands off, then spreads her arms out at her side and declares "All done!"  It is so hilariously cute, and I'm desperately trying to get it on video!  The little stinker won't do it as soon as she sees the iPod come out, so I have to use some serious stealth if I want to capture this moment.

On the CF front, we've had some interesting moments.  I don't get why Judith's bowel habits change so drastically in the few weeks before a clinic visit, and all it does it make me worry about the "what ifs."  She has been having a lot of problems with some constipation lately, so we're currently embarked on an adventure with Miralax.  Dr. G. and the nutritionist said (over the phone - I called because things have been concerning, and I'm glad I did this) that she's probably having some motility issues caused by the disease, and that she's going to be dealing with this for the rest of her life.  I feel bad for her, but it seems like the Miralax is working - Dr. G.'s goal is to get her cleaned out as much as possible before we see him again, then we'll regroup and decide where to go from there.  The Miralax has led to some exciting (/sarcasm) diapers lately, but I'd almost rather deal with that over the alternative.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment