Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Miscellaneous Musings

I kept forgetting to update the blog, because things have been rather busy around here the past few weeks.

Trying to get things regulated for Judith has been... interesting.  I know why we have to keep her on the high doses of miralax, and with her bowel as stretched out as it is, we need to make sure she's taking all of it to keep things moving so we don't end up inpatient again anytime soon.  However, I also knew that it was going to create some nightmare diaper change situations based on her past reactions to 1+ caps of miralax, and I was spot on.  The latest clean out has put a total halt on potty training, even for pee.  I want to try the training underwear to see if that will help her realize when she's wet, but with the poop situation I need something that's going to contain that mess.  I don't even trust to put her in a pull up because they're not absorbent enough.  The good news is we were able to cut her daily amount back to 1 cap a day instead of alternating between 1.5-2 caps a day, so I'm hoping this will help.  I'm also feeling guilty because we're going to run another fecal elastice test to get her pancreatic function numbers since that hasn't been done for more than 2 years, and I haven't collected the specimen yet.  They want it a certain consistency (gross, I know), and I'm honestly not even sure how I would've collected something in the past few weeks.  The good news is that Judith's 2 week follow up x-ray looked good: she's not backed up, and the loops that were really stretched out are showing signs that they're starting to move back to a normal state.

Still no action or news on our house.  The market in our area really slowed down in July, which is apparently typical, so we kind of hit at a bad time.  Things are showing signs of picking up, and we're getting ready to tweak the price to freshen things up, so I really hope this will help get us an offer soon.  John has a little more patience with this than I do right now, which is funny because he's usually the impatient one.  I'm starting to get exhausted looking at properties and trying to find one that both John and I like and that will work for our family.  We did find 2 houses that we really liked, but 1 already sold and I have a feeling the other will sell before we get a chance to submit an offer on it.

We had some gorgeous weather last week, and I really want that back!  For July standards, it was way abnormal: low temperatures and very low humidity.  It felt more like fall than the middle of summer, and considering this happened at the end of the month it completely threw me off, making me think that September was finally here.  Talk about disappointment when I realized that we still have to get through August!  Knock on wood, the entire summer hasn't been crazy hot, and I hope it stays that way.  We've certainly had some hot days, and the humidity levels have been high, but compared to last year, this year has been pretty awesome.  I like not having to run the air conditioners and saving some money on electricity!

No comments:

Post a Comment