Sunday, August 14, 2011

Knoebels and Teething

Friday we went to Knoebels Groves for the first time in years.  It's been a good 15 years since my family and I have been there, and probably close to 15 since John and his family went there.

For those of you who are not familiar with Knoebels, it's a medium-sized amusement park located in Central PA that also has a campground.  It's not nearly as large as Hersheypark, but still has a great variety of rides for everyone in the family.

We had quite an adventure, and despite an unexpected event with my grandfather, still had a relatively enjoyable time.  We were a bit bummed that Judith didn't get to ride the carousel or the trains like we had planned - she fell asleep in her stroller, and there was no way I was going to wake her up to go on the rides!  Hopefully we can get her on them some other time.



In the land of teething, we don't have a ton of progress happening - those suckers aren't showing themselves anytime soon, but we have lots of gnawing on anything and everything, plus a nice, "runny" nose to go with it.  I use the term runny loosely (haha), because we're having great adventures with the world of CF.  I know that the CF makes the mucous thicker, and I'm realizing this every time I have to suction Judith's nose.  This has got to be one of the worst tasks I've done - Judith hates every sucker I use (we have a bulb sucker we got from the NICU, plus I have a Graco electric sucker), and it is so hard to get the crud out.  Thank goodness it's clear, otherwise I'd be sitting here typing while having a small panic attack over an infection or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment