Monday, October 7, 2013

Updates!

It's been quite a few days since I last updated.  Not a lot has changed, honestly.  Judith is doing well with her new glasses, although I think it's going to take a while for her to learn how to put them on herself.  She gets rather irate if she pulls them off and I try to encourage her to fix them on her own.  Ah, 2.5 year olds!

Things are kind of stagnant right now on the CF front, and I feel like we're in a small state of limbo.  Her annual appointment is getting closer and closer, and if I said I wasn't nervous to hear what her GI system looks like I'd be lying.  She's pooping, and it seems like it's where they want it to be, but I thought that the last time, too, and we still ended up having to flush her out at home.  Knock on wood, she's doing well on the respiratory side, so that's a definite plus.  I'm bracing myself for a rough cold/flu/RSV season, and have already heard reports that RSV is off to a strong and bad start.  Not exactly comforting news, but I do feel a little better about it since she's going to be 3 in a couple months.  That's probably also me expressing a false sense of security, but we'll see.

We've had some insane weather over the past week.  Unseasonable humidity, coupled with high temperatures, has helped to create a toddler monster.  The rest of us were cranky because it felt so gross outside (and we had removed our window unit air conditioners back in September), and Judith was twice as bad.  The air quality was good, and I stayed on top of her salt intake to make sure she got enough, and we made it through.  It finally feels like fall again, now that the cold front moved through (literally a couple hours ago)!

The house is also starting to move into a state of chaos, as we have boxes and totes all over the place.  We're slowly packing up as much as we can so we don't have to scramble to do it all at once.  The flooring will be arriving sometime next week, and the week after is when things will get extra chaotic.  I hope the weather is decent, because Judith and I will likely be spending a lot of time at the park while John is working on stuff at home during the install.  I'm pretty excited, though, because I'm more than ready to get rid of this old, ratty carpeting!

No comments:

Post a Comment