Friday, January 10, 2014

General Update on Judith

I think we're starting to go a little stir crazy here.  We haven't been able to do much because of Judith's sickness and the increased treatments we have to do as a result (the vest alone sucks a good 1.5-2 hours out of your day), but on top of that we experienced record cold temps that we haven't seen in a couple decades.  I know a huge chunk of the country was plunged into that polar vortex, so many of you can sympathize with what was going on (temperature being relative to the area you live in, of course).  I was grateful that I called the CF clinic on Monday to let them know that Judith was not taking her liquid meds, and Dr. G. wrote a new prescription for bactrim tablets.  Judith and I made the trip to the drug store Monday evening so we wouldn't have to worry about going out in the bitterly cold conditions Tuesday.  It was a super smart move, because it was painful to even go out and start the car on Tuesday so I wouldn't have a dead battery in it!

Judith's doing much better with her antibiotics now that I'm able to crush them and hide them in her drinks.  And overall, she's doing better as well.  The cough isn't nearly as frequent, but she still has a lot of nasal discharge and sounds congested.  Our next clinic visit is coming up, so I'm hoping that they'll be able to give us some additional things to do to help her fight off the lingering symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment