Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2013: A Review

Happy New Year to all of you!  I hope you have a healthy and prosperous 2014!

We had plenty of highs and lows during 2013.  I think 2 of the biggest high points were the move to the new church last April, and Judith's early discharge from early intervention.  It's kind of funny that both happened in a relatively close time frame, too.  While we do miss people from our former church, I'm glad that we have been warmly welcomed into our new church.  And getting the news that Judith was basically caught up to where she needs to be and didn't qualify for services was huge!  It's news that I wasn't completely expecting at that point, but it was very awesome to receive it!  Had you asked me 3 years ago when I thought I would receive that news, I wouldn't have been able to give a good answer since it felt like it was a long, long time away.

Of course there were lows, the biggest being Judith's first hospitalization post-NICU.  We had such a good run with keeping her out of there, and it was really disappointing to hear how significant the backup was.  Both John and I are relieved that we were able to clear it with the flush, even though the process was super gross, but at the same time it's hard to accept that Judith will be facing more flushes in her future.  Hopefully those will be spaced far apart.

My hope for 2014 is everyone staying as healthy as possible (although it looks like we're already off to a bad start, because Judith is getting sick with something respiratory), and Judith staying out of the hospital.  I want to see things continue to go well at church.  I want to see Judith continue to grow and develop into this incredible little human.  I also hope that we can have a prosperous year, and that 2014 is good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment