Judith, you are 5 months old today, and growing up way too fast for Mommy and Daddy!
Here are some of the big events that happened in the last month:
* You went to church for the first time on April 10th. You met a lot of new people who adore you, and are so impressed at how far you've come!
* You celebrated your first Easter! We took you to your first Maundy Thursday and Easter Vigil services, followed by the Easter Sunday marathon. You and Mommy stayed in the choir room during the sunrise service though - you had to eat and get your medicine/vitamins, and I didn't want to torture you with 3 services (2 was plenty for this year). You got 3 baskets: 1 from Grandma & Grandpa, 1 from Great-Grandma & Great-Grandpa, and 1 from Great-Nana.
* On a different note, you experienced your first severe weather and first excessively humid days.
* You went to your first NICU Developmental/Follow-Up clinic, and impressed us all with how well you're doing!
* You were officially placed into the Early Intervention program, and started physical therapy sessions. Mommy & Daddy are excited for this, because we know it will help you catch up to your actual age!
* Most importantly, you were baptized on May 1, 2011!
Judith's 5 Month Stats
Hair Color: You still have a lot of fuzz, and not a lot of hair, per se. It hasn't changed much in the last month.
Eye Color: Your eyes are slowly changing - they are now a grayish-blue!
Clothing Size: You outgrew your newborn clothes, and are wearing 0-3 month outfits!
Diaper Size: Still size 1, and still a bit big on you. You're definitely growing into them though!
Weight: The last time you were weighed, you were 9 lbs, 7 oz.
Length: Around 21 inches
Feedings: You eat 7 times a day, and get 3.5 oz of NeoSure at each feed.
Developmental Milestones: You smile a lot, and you like to "talk" to us! Your head control improves every day, and we need to get you a Bumbo infant seat so you can practice sitting up. You can roll from your back to tummy, and tummy to back when you actually want to - sometimes you're stubborn for us and won't do it, silly girl! You love to watch different things, love to kick your legs, and you're starting to help us hold your bottle when you eat. We haven't ventured into the land of solids quite yet, but Mommy wants to try some with you soon!