Judith, you are 6 months old today! You're halfway to 1, and I'm not 100% sure how I feel about that - you're growing up, and time is moving so fast!
Here are some highlights from the last month:
* You have more than a month of CF meds and treatments under your belt. You take your inhaler well, and you like to "talk" to us through the mask of the spacer. You didn't notice the change in your vitamins, and take them fine in your formula. You enjoy the extra salt added to your bottles! The one thing you hate the most is your CPT - one day you'll accept that it has to be done, but for now you don't always understand why we have to do it.
* You started eating solid foods!
* You are babbling up a storm, you are rolling over (mostly from your back to your tummy), and can pick up/hold up your head for longer periods.
* You're noticing the dogs, and enjoy watching what they do! Lady's hyperactivity scares you a little bit - I don't think you know what to make of it yet, but in a few short months I have a feeling you'll be giggling constantly at her antics! You discovered that Buster's fur is soft, and that he's kind of squishy feeling (sorry for the description, Boo!), and you like to touch him.
* You went to your first ever Conrail Historical Society Rail-B-Q! You met Brock, Kim, & Gabby for the first time, and also got to meet many of the other members of the society!
* Mommy celebrated her first Mother's Day with you! We went to church at Mt. Calvary United Methodist in Harrisburg - this is the church Daddy used to play at while he was in college (and right after he graduated). People were excited to meet you!
* You went to your baby shower at Daddy's work, and got to meet his co-workers!
Judith's 6 Month Stats:
Adjusted Age: 3 months, 2 weeks, 4 days
Weight: 11 lbs 5 oz (as of 5/24/11)
Length: 22.25" (as of 5/24/11)
Hair Color: You're going to keep that a mystery for a while, aren't you? :) No changes in the last month, except there's slightly more coverage.
Eye Color: no change from last month - they're still a grayish blue.
Clothing Size: You are still wearing 0-3 month clothing, and have plenty of room to grow into your rompers! Because of your length, some of your pajamas with feet in them are becoming a bit snug.
Diaper Size: Size 1
Feedings: You eat 6 times a day. In each bottle, you get about 4 oz of NeoSure. You usually take about 4 oz, but will sometimes take only 3.5. You also started eating some solids! You get 1 solid meal, and it's mostly for play/exploration, not nutrition (yet). You absolutely HATED rice cereal, so we skipped over that stuff and moved right to apples. You enjoyed them, and had bananas for the first time today (you seemed to enjoy the bananas, so we may have a winner there).
Developmental Milestones: You are doing a lot of new things! You roll consistently from your back to your tummy, and can roll from your tummy to your back occasionally. You can sit up with support, and enjoy time in your infant rocker seat, your bumbo, and your exersaucer. You babble up a storm: you're cooing a lot, and you began shrieking in excitement the other day! You noticed your feet exist, but haven't grabbed them yet. You like to hold your bottle, and will often help guide it to your mouth. You're very alert and curious, and like watching/looking at new things, especially those with lots of color. You apparently like watching the weather on TV - you don't discriminate between the local weather on WGAL or the AccuWeather channel, or the national weather on The Weather Channel, and you get excited when they show the radars.
Happy half-birthday, little Peanut!