Note to my readers: I will post pictures sometime this weekend once we have our photo shoot!
Judith, you are 9 months old today - only 3 months until your first birthday!
Here are some of the things that happened in the last month:
* You began teething in full-force. Your teeth don't look like they're nearly ready to cut yet, but they're definitely under the surface, waiting to pop out.
* You got to swing for the first time in a big-girl swing at Long's Park in Lancaster! You and mommy went to 2 more get-togethers, and you had fun each time!
* You experienced your first earthquake and first tropical storm. Both natural disasters are on the rare side for the area we live in (we do get hit by tropical systems, but not usually by an actual tropical storm).
* We took you for another appointment at the developmental clinic - things are looking good, but we did note that you have some fine motor delays (normal for a preemie peanut like you!).
* You went to Knoebels Groves for the first time! You didn't get a chance to go on any rides because you decided to take a nap by the time we got to the trains and carousel. We're hoping to take you on some rides on our next trip there.
* You got to meet Grandpa H.'s cousin, his wife, and their three children! They were praying for you while you were in the NICU, and were very excited to finally meet you!
Judith's 9 Month Stats:
Adjusted Age: 6 months, 2 weeks, 4 days
Weight: 14 lbs 9 oz
Hair Color: Brown. There's a little more than last month, but you still don't have a lot (just like mommy when she was your age).
Eye Color: Still bluish gray, with some brown flecks in them.
Clothing Size: 3-6 month for everything! There are some things that are big on you (rompers, bubbles, dresses, and onesies), but it was time to start moving you up to the next size.
Diaper Size: Size 3
Feedings: You get 2 solids with cereal mixed in, plus anywhere from 18-24 oz of Neosure. You are beginning to take some finger foods, mostly puffs and mum-mums, and every time you eat them you swallow them easier with less gagging episodes.
Developmental Milestones: You are doing a lot of things now! You love to grab your toes, and will occasionally suck on them. You are creeping all over the place, and are in the early stages of crawling - you can move forward a "step" or 2, but you haven't quite mastered moving your arms with your legs so you compensate by stretching out on your belly. You love to blow raspberries and stick your tongue out at people! You get excited when they do it back! You are very vocal and social! You are so curious about everything, and want to explore as much as you can. You are interacting with the dogs much more than ever before, and we're starting to teach you how to be gentle with them. They still love to use you as a salt lick, but you don't seem to mind! When they play, you love to laugh at them!
Happy 9 months, Judith!