Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fun at the Park

Judith & I met up with my friend, Amy, and her 3 kids this morning at a local park.  The location was gorgeous, and everyone had a blast!  It was great to have some in-person adult interactions, too!

The park has a covered bridge and some historic buildings (the buildings were closed, though, so we didn't get to see what they look like inside).  There's also a new peace garden with a bunch of different plants that the kids could explore.  I didn't get a picture of it (and I regret it now), but we saw a pretty caterpillar that will turn into a monarch butterfly, lots of bumble bees that were busy pollinating, and even some mosquito larvae in the stagnant water of the bird bath.  Naturally, Judith saw water and wanted to play in it, and I had a brief moment of panic quickly pushing her away from the gross West Nile virus breeding ground.  I have to admit that it was kind of neat to see the larvae in the water, as I never saw that before.  Anyway, the garden also had a small corner for vegetables, and they had some nice tomato plants and corn stalks.

We couldn't have asked for a better August day, either.  The weather was gorgeous, and the temperatures were nice - warm, but not overly hot.  I am so grateful that it's finally cooling down, and we can start doing stuff like this with Judith again!

She's unimpressed.







Swings were a hit last year.  This year, not so much.

Judith loves dogs, and was infatuated with Amy's Yorkie!

Cheese!

Hugs for the pup!

No comments:

Post a Comment