Judith, you are 21 months old today! Only 3 months to go until your 2nd birthday.
Some big things that have happened in the last 3 months:
* You (along with the rest of us) survived another insanely hot summer. We had to spend a lot of time indoors because of the heat and humidity, but we made the best of it.
* You had another CF clinic appointment, and everything looked good!
* You finally got your airway clearance vest! You're not the biggest fan of it, but if we distract you with something (toys, Disney Jr. shows, books) you tolerate the treatment.
* You've continued your speech therapy sessions, and have had a language explosion - we're amazed at how many words you've added to your vocabulary!
* You had another cold, and got your first ear infection.
* We had a fun play date at a great park! You had a blast walking around and exploring things, but we discovered you're not a fan of the swings this year.
* You went to the Hands-on-House for the first time and loved it! We're definitely going back again soon.
* You have tons of energy, and some days I wonder where you get it all from. You're constantly on the go, and have turned into a little spider monkey - climbing up and down things is one of your newer sources of entertainment.
Judith's 21 Month Stats:
Adjusted Age: 1 year, 6 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days
Weight: about 21 1/2 lbs (as of mid-August)
Length: 30 1/4" (as of 7/24/12)
Hair & Eye Color: Neither has really changed. You're slowly growing your hair, and there's a little more than what you had 3 months ago.
Teeth: You almost have all of your baby teeth! All of your front teeth, canines, and 1 year molars are completely in. We're just waiting on your 2 year molars, but you're definitely teething so I think they're starting to slowly work their way to the surface.
Clothing: Still 9-12 month sizes! I'm surprised at how well your 12m pants fit length-wise, and I think we'll be able to get through a portion of the fall with them. You can wear some 18m sizes, but it's generally pretty big/long yet - you'll grow into it this fall/winter.
Diaper Size: Still in size 4. I'm anticipating that you may need to move to 5's for overnight soon.
Diet & Nutrition: You're definitely becoming a picky eater, and getting you to eat enough calories is becoming a real challenge. You do drink about 32 oz of Pediasure every day. We got the ok from your nutritionist to try some whole milk - you're not a big fan of plain milk, but seemed to enjoy some chocolate milk. You're also having an easier time drinking water, and are starting to learn how to drink from a regular cup. We're working on using utensils, but you have a long way to go. Some of your favorite foods are cheese curls, pasta with different sauces/toppings (butter, spaghetti sauce, cheese, etc), cereal, pancakes/waffles, potato chips, and assorted veggies.
Developmental Milestones: You've had a language explosion over the last couple of months! I stopped counting how many words you have, but some of the newest are mommy, daddy, duck, really, wow, whoa, uh-oh, oopsie, cracker, Elmo, Cookie (as in Monster), full, foot, and shoe.
Happy 21 months, Judith!