Tuesday, September 25, 2012

A Change in Appearance

We had a new milestone yesterday: Judith's first pair of glasses arrived!  We made the trip to the ophthalmologist after speech therapy so she could get them fitted.  In retrospect, I kind of wish I had someone with me so I could get a video of her reaction when we put them on.  The optometrist gave her the case to hold, and the look of wonder as she explored the case that she could see much more clearly was priceless!  I was pretty proud of her: she didn't fuss with them a lot, and left them on her face for the ride home and for the rest of the evening.

Our little scholar

Today was a good day as well.  She did fuss with them a few times, and figured out how to get them off once during dinner, but otherwise she's been leaving them alone.  We'll see how long it lasts, especially after the novelty wears off.  However, I'm optimistic that she will wear them regularly because she'll realize she can see much better with them on.

No comments:

Post a Comment