I am so glad that today is coming to a close, and I'll be snuggled up in my bed sleeping very soon. Normally I'd ask for a do-over, but I don't even want that. Today was one big, giant, hot mess. I've been fighting off a mild cold since Sunday evening, and Judith's been coughing since Friday (she also has a bit of a snotty nose, but no fever so I've been taking the "watch and wait" approach). She's still working on those pesky 2 year molars, and on top of everything she hadn't pooped since at least Monday, possibly Sunday (I can't remember exactly). She finally went late this afternoon and got some relief, but it was not a fun time, and the poor kiddo was hurting. Needless to say, we're laying off the cheese for a little bit, even though she's getting some good calories into her system.
The cough situation was starting to drive me nuts today. I kept second guessing myself, and after Judith puked on the floor and couch during her morning vest treatment (and I saw that it was predominantly mucus), I decided to call the clinic and see what they thought, and if they recommended taking her to her primary or to wait it out another day or 2. Dr. G. decided to place her on an antibiotic since she's had the cough for a few days. I was grateful that I didn't have to take her to her primary and risk picking something else up! So now we're on a 2 week course of bactrum, and the fun is already beginning. This time I'm not going to wait as long to see if she'll take it, though: if she continues to reject it after trying tomorrow, I'll call and see if we can get the prescription changed to at least a pill that can be crushed or a capsule or something.