(note: I was reading the blog of a fellow preemie mommy from The Bump, and I liked the formatting she used for her daughter's month birthday - so I'm going to borrow it!)
Judith, you're 4 months old today!
A lot has happened in the last month, and I want to tell you all about your life right now!
* Actual Age: 4 months. Adjusted Age: 1 month, 2 weeks, & 4 days.
* It's 2 months since your discharge from the NICU.
* You received your final injection of Synagis for the season. You had to have 2 shots this time, because your weight increased and you exceeded the maximum dosage for 1 leg.
* You got to meet some special people in the last month: your great-aunt and great-uncle, your 2nd cousin, and your godparents/baptismal sponsors.
* You've had quite a few appointments! One that was especially exciting was a trip to Hershey Medical Center for the continuation of our study. You got to meet the nurses who helped Mommy & Daddy "get" you, and we were told that you are a very healthy baby. Such a remarkable feat for someone who had such a rocky start - we're proud of you!
* You have your 4 month well-baby visit with the next round of vaccinations this week, and then you will have the final clear to go out into public! You will get to go to church for the first time, and Mommy can finally take you shopping whenever we need to get something!
Judith's 4 Month Stats:
Hair Color: What little hair you have (it's more like a fuzzy covering right now) is reddish brown, leaning towards red
Eye Color: still blue
Clothing Size: Newborn, with a few small 0-3 onesies thrown into the mix. You won't be in this size much longer, though - things are starting to get a little snug!
Diaper Size: You just graduated to size 1 diapers. They're comically huge on you for now, but you'll grow into them.
Weight (at your last Synagis shot): 8 lbs 2.5 oz
Length: 21 in
Bedtime: between 7:30 & 8 pm
Wake Up Time: You're up for a feed between 5:30 and 6 am, but fall asleep again - you're up for the day around 8:30 am
Naps: You still nap quite a bit. You take a morning nap after your 9:00 feed, and you take an afternoon nap around 1:00
Feedings: You take anywhere from 2.5-3 oz of NeoSure at each feed.
Developmental Milestones: You are smiling at us, and we love it! Your head control continues to improve, and you like to sit up with assistance. You can pick your head up when you're on your tummy, and you're getting very close to rolling from your tummy to your back. You are focusing on objects and faces, and recognize Mommy & Daddy right away. You can track objects & toys that we place in front of you, and you like to bat at the toys on your play gym. You practice your grasping reflex a lot - you like to hang on to our shirts.