Monday, April 18, 2011

Let the Craziness Begin!

Yes, it's that time of year again!  The time of year when everyone employed by the church turns into a hot mess from the stresses of Holy Week and Easter.  John is no exception to this.  He keeps whining about all the work that has to be done.  I unsympathetically keep reminding him that he has it pretty good, because at my parents' church they have services every night this week, and the staff is going straight from Palm Sunday right through the last service on Easter Sunday.  So take that.  :-P

I am slightly bummed (note the use of slightly) that I do not get to attend Good Friday services this year.  For me, that means I get to take a break from the craziness and spend the evening with Judith.  Of course this is the first time in literally years that I will not be at a Good Friday service, but I just can't see how taking an infant is appropriate.  I definitely won't take her to TMLC, because they do Tennebrae, and she'll probably start screaming bloody murder when John does the noisy thing on the organ.  A better option would be to take her down to my parents and go to their service, but again it's not an appropriate one for an infant - it's too quiet of a service, and with my luck Judith would decide to have an epic meltdown in the middle of the Bidding Prayers.  Either that, or she'll have the blowout of the century, and I'd have to worry about getting out for a diaper change while the kneelers are down.  No thanks - I'll stay home with her and the doggies.

There's going to be a huge event in the Brewster household, something that happens twice a year, more if we're lucky: my trombone will make an appearance into the light of day!  I'm taking bets on what will happen to it.  Here are your choices:

1. Shrivel up and disappear into thin air
2. Act like a vampire in direct sunlight and die
3. Cheer in celebration that it's finally getting used
4. Slap me silly for keeping it enclosed in the case since last October

Yes, you read that correctly - I haven't played since last October.  The ol' chops are going to be feeling it, but as long as I play at least once before Sunday I'll be fine.  But this also presents a new set of challenges.  I haven't played since Judith was born, therefore I have not played since my c-section.  I doubt this will have an impact on anything, but it sounds like a good excuse!  I don't know what Judith will think of it, but I swear if the dogs roll over onto their backs and play dead while I practice again they're not getting treats for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment