Judith, you are 7 months today, and are getting so big!
Here are some highlights from the past month:
* You had your 3rd and final sweat test, and the results were high enough again to confirm your CF diagnosis. Your numbers from the 2nd test were 61 & 62, but this time they went up to 64 & 65, well into the range of definitely having the disease.
* We also got the results from your genetic screen, and it wasn't what we were expecting to hear. We knew you carried the DF508 mutation (that you got from Daddy), but we didn't know what you got from Mommy - and we still don't know. They couldn't find your second mutation, something that happens in about 3-5% of CF patients.
* You went to your first church picnic at Grandma & Grandpa's church! We went to the service in the park, and you got very upset when Grandma read the lessons and did the Prayers of the Church - you were probably upset because Grandma wasn't doing "This little piggy" with you!
* You are much more aware of your surroundings and are very inquisitive! You love watching the dogs, and have started squealing with excitement when you're watching Lady & Buster!
* You got your next series of shots. Saying you were ticked this time is an understatement.
* You love to stick your tongue out, babble, and squeal at people!
* You are in the early stages of teething, but Mommy & Daddy are trying to think of ways to help you - you are exhibiting some typical preemie sensory issues and freak out at temperature changes (particularly when something's colder than what you are used to) and certain textures.
Judith's 7 Month Stats:
Adjusted Age: 4 months, 2 weeks, and 3 days old
Weight: 12 lbs, 6 oz (as of 6/14/11)
Length: 22 1/4" (as of 6/14/11)
Hair Color: There's still a slight reddish tint to it in certain light, but it's mostly a darker brown and still not abundant.
Eye Color: Most of the time they look bluish-gray, but depending on how you look at them you can see some brown flecks in them.
Clothing Size: 0-3 month rompers, dresses, & bubbles; 3-6 month footed sleepers
Diaper Size: Size 2
Feedings: You take 24 oz total of NeoSure every day, eating in 3 hour increments and taking about 4-4.5 oz per bottle. You get 1 meal of solids at noon (fruit or vegetable puree with 1 tsp of rice cereal mixed in), and will eat anywhere from 1.5-2.5 oz.
Developmental Milestones: You are doing many new things! You just started giggling occasionally, you can roll from your back to your belly smoothly, you roll from your tummy to your back when you want to, you can push up onto your hands when you're on your belly and hold your head up at more than a 45 degree angle for a long period of time. Your head control is great, and your motion is awesome thanks to all of the physical therapy. You can sit upright, assisted, and love it! You babble all the time, making vowel sounds and a few consonant sounds. You track items, touch/explore some things (like the dogs), study things, and are generally very curious! You can hold small toys in your hand for short periods.
Happy 7 months, Judith!