Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Judith's Birth Story (Part 2)

Tuesday, November 30th was spent finishing the 24 hour urine catch.  I was placed on bedrest, and was trying to figure out ways to entertain myself.  I had John bring one of my word puzzle books, and I watched a lot of TV.  I was also busy with visitors (surprise visitors!), and received a bunch of phone calls from family.

I think by this time, the dogs had basically been placed in my parent's car, with their things, and taken to their place to stay while I was hospitalized (John was still staying with me, and going to work from the hospital).  They were very upset, and really didn't know what was going on - Lady knew something wasn't right before I was hospitalized, but I'm sure she knew something really wasn't right.  Buster was extremely upset, and still stresses out if we have to leave them overnight.

That evening, we finished the urine catch, and everything was sent to the lab for testing.  We were told my OB would get the results first thing in the morning, and would talk to us then.

I was hoping that things didn't look too bad.  I knew that it was way too early for Judith to come, as I was only 28 weeks and 6 days along.  I wanted to try to make it to at least 32 weeks, knowing that even if she had to come early, the longer she stayed inside, the better off she'd be.  At that point, I didn't care if I had to be on complete bed rest, but I really wanted to be able to do it at home where I could at least be comfortable in my own bed.

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment