Thursday, March 3, 2011

3 Months Old

I'm going to do something I haven't done before, and address today's post to Judith.

To Mommy's little Peanut:
I hope that one day, when you're old enough to understand things, you'll read this and realize that you truly are a miracle and a blessing!

You are 3 months old today (March 3, 2011)!  I never would have thought that you would be the 6 lb. 13 oz. baby that you have grown to be.  3 months ago, I was worried about all of the complications we would be facing with you.  While we don't know the future and what ramifications we might be facing from the meningitis and your prematurity, I have to say that you are one lucky little girl because you did not have any prolonged complications while in the NICU and you did not have to come home on any monitors.  Go Judith!

I can't believe how fast you're growing, even though you're still tiny for your age!  Your preemie sized outfits have long been put away because you outgrew them so fast.  You're wearing newborn sized clothing, and probably will be for at least another month (unless you surprise us!).  But just like your preemie outfits, the newborn ones will quickly be outgrown and will have to go into storage.  It's not something I like to think about - in some ways, I want you to stay tiny forever!  However, I know that you will grow and change rapidly, and I'm treasuring all of the moments we have together.

I want you to always remember that Mommy and Daddy love you very, very much!  It took us so long to finally get you, and even though you had a rough start (and Mommy is still so sorry that I couldn't keep you where you should have been for a longer time) you are doing very well and surprise us daily with the progress you're making.  You are our precious little Sweet Pea, and we will always love you no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment