Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Wow!

Judith was at the pediatrician yesterday for a reflux follow-up/weigh in.  She's now a whopping 7 lbs 13 oz!  Holy weight gain Batman!  No wonder some of her newborn stuff has been getting snug!  I knew she was gaining, but I thought she would be closer to 7.5, not 3 oz shy of 8.  She did this in 3.5 weeks too!

I cleaned up her dresser drawers the other day, moving her preemie clothes and any small newborn ones into a storage tote.  I honestly have no intentions of ever selling her preemie stuff - let's face it: the odds of the right person coming to a yard sale to buy it is low.  But it'll make good doll clothing for her once she's a bit older.  I did that with my old clothes, and loved having so many little outfits to put my dolls in.

The other great news is the end is near.  No, I'm not referring to the Second Coming, a meteor strike, or a zombie invasion.  I'm talking about the end of RSV season!  We're going for her final Synagis shot of the season next week, and once she gets her 4 month shots a week and a half later we're in the clear to go out in public.  We have a partial clear, more or less, to visit with family/friends at small gatherings.  John & I fully intend to keep precautionary measures for a while: once she's allowed to go to church, it's going to be a strict "look but don't touch" policy with the only exception being her baptismal sponsors (we want her to get used to them before the big day).  After her baptism in May, we'll shift more toward a "sanitize your hands before touching" mode.  It's going to be hard for people to not touch, but since stuff is still lingering - and lingering late - we want to make sure that she's protected as much as possible for as long as possible.

So for all my "church readers," Judith will be making an appearance in a couple weeks.  Have patience - you'll get to meet her soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment