Saturday, March 5, 2011

Weekend!

Judith, John, & I all had a busy week, and I'm so glad it's the weekend!  I felt so accomplished Wednesday and Thursday, but after the appointments on Thursday  I wanted to do nothing except veg out and care for Judith.  Friday was a nice, quiet day at home, and today John's parents and our niece came over for a visit!

I received a phone call from our pediatrician yesterday - she had the results of Judith's head ultrasound.  Everything is... *insert drum roll*







...normal!  No IVHs (brain bleeds) developed since her last head scan when she was about a week old.  I was a bit concerned about one developing later since they never did a repeat scan (her first one came back completely clean as well), but I honestly forgot about it as we continued on our NICU journey and our time at home.  Part of the reason for this scan, though, was because of the meningitis - they have to keep an eye on how Judith is developing, because meningitis in an infant can cause developmental delays (like we don't have enough of those to worry about) and other issues.  It's a good thing that we have the developmental clinic as well, but our pediatrician is awesome and really on top of things!  We also got the next Synagis shot, and will receive the last dose for the season at the end of the month.  We need to stay isolated for the rest of this month, but by April we should be able to go out - right now, there's an unusually late surge in RSV cases when the season would typically be winding down.  So for Judith's safety, her doctor recommends waiting.  This means that Judith will be able to go with me to my cousin's State Police graduation, and she can go to church for the remainder of Lent!

We're going to try something new tomorrow: my dad is going to be here in the morning to watch Judith (my mom's got a nasty cold, so she's banned from the house temporarily haha!) while I go to church.  John has the bell choir scheduled to ring, and needs me there to help even though I'm technically on "maternity leave" until Judith is allowed to go out.  I'm not sure how I really like this.  I know it's not going to kill Judith to be with someone else, but this is the first time I'll be away from her for an extended time (like more than 2 hours).  We'll see how it goes - I know my dad will do just fine, and I have to get over my anxiety and stop worrying about how she'll be.

Totally random: here's a cute picture of Judith with her buddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment