Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Eye Exam with Good News

Judith had a 3 month follow-up exam for her eyes, and we got some good news!  Things are looking much better - no noticeable changes in her vision, but the marks on her eyelids and the redness that was detected in the corner of her eye are faded or gone.  The doctor didn't do a full exam on her since she just had one, and it was too soon to really need a thorough exam again.  We can wait to go back until after mid-September, when she'll be due for her next annual exam!  She's so borderline for whether or not she needs glasses, and the opthamologist still feels comfortable holding off on corrective lenses.  I'm relieved that we don't have to worry about Judith ripping glasses off her face/throwing/breaking/losing them for quite a while yet!

I noticed yesterday that she had some drainage from her left eye again, but naturally it went away and the doctor didn't detect anything during her mini-exam.  So I'm going to keep an eye on it myself, and if it increases or gets worse, I'll call her regular pediatrician and have them take a look at it.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we can hold off for at least another year before worrying about glasses - we'll wait and see what the exam in September says.

No comments:

Post a Comment