Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Get-Together and Milestones

Today Judith and I met up with one of my friends, Amy, and her 3 children!  We had some lunch, and the kiddos spent at least a good hour playing in the play area.  While this isn't the first time Judith's been to a park/play area, it is the first time that she could really do more than just swing (not that they had swings haha): she crawled all around the space, stood up at the walls/windows and explored them by pounding on them, drummed on the climbing equipment, and actually figured out how to climb up on the lowest play thing designed for toddlers!  It was so awesome to see her doing this!  She also did some people watching, but, as expected for this age, didn't play with anyone.

Amy took up crocheting a little while ago, and she shared some pictures of a cute dog sweater she made.  So I asked her if she could make sweaters for Buster and Lady, and she did!  Amy is super awesome, and the sweaters are adorable!  I'm going to take pictures of them in the sweaters this weekend, and I'll post pictures as soon as I can get them loaded.  We talked a little bit about crocheting, because I never learned how to do it, and thought it looked like a relatively easy hobby to pick up.  Call it peer pressure or whatever, but I'm going to give it a whirl and see what I can do!  I'm not the craftiest person, so I'm hoping that this will go smoothly for me, and I can add crocheting to my very short list of crafts I can do (counted cross stitch and scrapbooking are about the only other things I can do semi-decently).

I was so glad that we were able to have a few hours together to sit and talk, and to allow the kiddos to interact with each other!  We had a blast, and I can't wait until we can do it again!


Judith has developed a few more milestones: she just cut another tooth, this time on the bottom, and it feels like there's another bottom tooth working it's way to the surface.  Total tooth count right now is 7 - she's a tooth cutting machine these days!  She's still babbling a ton, but we're still waiting for her first word to come out.  She's cruising around, using the furniture as a support, and is starting to take some steps assisted (by holding on to our fingers).  She can climb the whole way up the stairs, but still needs some assistance coming down.  This one I was so excited for: she's finally clapping on her own!  She's a stinker about it though, because she'll smile and clap if I have to pull her away from something she's not supposed to have - I can't help but laugh when she does this.  I'm sure it won't be quite as amusing in a few years, but for now I feel safe in enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment