Sunday, March 25, 2012

We've Got Another Milestone

I think it's pretty safe to say that we have a walker!

Judith has been taking a bunch of steps independently (at least 8 at a time) over the past week, but she has really started taking off since Thursday or Friday!

Crawling or furniture cruising still seems to be slightly more preferable, but she's at the point where she just lets go and wobbles across the room without really thinking about it or pausing.  She's done it with things in her hands and without!

While I'm writing this, she's standing near the middle of the living room, in front of the TV, watching chef Anne Burrell cook.  Mother of the Year, right here.  Why am I sharing my toddler's growing bad habit, you may ask?  Because it's held her attention for a good 5 minutes, and not once in that time has she lost her balance!

Of course with walking comes a whole new set of issues, mainly the fact that Judith is going to bruise herself a lot more.  I'm prepared for this - I know it's a normal thing.  I have some kid-friendly band aids in the house in case she needs one, but hopefully she won't for a while.

Now I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll continue with the trend and want to walk more on Easter.  She'll be in a dress for the vast majority of the day, and dresses aren't exactly the best things to crawl in.  It's probably going to be a crap shoot depending on her mood that day, but there's no harm in hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment