Friday, May 16, 2014

It's Chaotic Around Here

I promise I haven't fallen off the face of the earth!  I really hope you've been enjoying my series this month, but I know I've been slacking with other posts.  Within the last 5 days, though, our family has been in the throes of chaos, because we made a pretty big decision Monday evening, and something that was talked about for the last 9 months or so is coming to fruition.

We're going to put our house on the market, and start the search for a new home!

John and I have had a pipe dream of moving into a home with 3 bedrooms and even central air eventually, and into a home that's more central to everything since where we're currently living isn't central at all.  The area we're looking at is going to be much closer to a lot of things for us, and we can cut back on commute times for things like visits to my parents and trips to CF clinic.  We've been in our current home for 7 years, and were thinking about refinancing, but ultimately it's going to be better for us to just sell and purchase something else rather than refinancing and waiting longer to sell.

Of course being in a home for so long means we also have 7 years of stuff accumulated on top of items John had to bring to our house when my father-in-law retired and he and my mother-in-law had to move out of the parsonage.  I knew there was a lot of stuff hanging around everywhere, but now that we're starting to box things up and creating storage space in the basement so we can stage the rest of the house I'm seeing how much there really is.  And it's pretty darn overwhelming.  At least this is forcing us to finally do the big purge of stuff that we'll never use or wear again, and in a way it's also giving me the final nudges I need to break the sentimental ties to Judith's baby stuff because now I just want it out of here so we don't have to worry about it anymore!

Naturally we're stressed, because we're pushing ourselves as much as we can to get things presentable so we can get the house on the market ASAP, but at the same time we're really excited and are antsy to start looking at potential homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment