Thursday, May 1, 2014

May Is Cystic Fibrosis Awareness Month

Each year, I like to try to do a mini-series with various tidbits of information to hopefully help people understand a little more about CF because I know that it’s a disease that people still do not know a lot about, and often what little knowledge they do have is often outdated.  Naturally, May is the perfect time to do this since it’s CF Awareness Month!

This year, I thought it would be fun to introduce people to some of the basics in CF care.  There are a lot of things that I won’t be able to cover for various reasons, but I’m going to touch on some of the treatments, medicines, etc. that are more common and even standard for CF patients across the board.  As you are reading the posts, though, remember that every CF patient is different, and they may not need to take a certain medication/have a certain treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment